This was the one and only dessert dip at cooking club this month, I had never made it before but it was simple and very delicious! We ate most of it at cooking club and Tyler polished it off when I got home. I served it with mini vanilla wafers and chocolate teddy grahams. Yum! Just make sure you let it sit out for awhile as it hardens while in the fridge.
(don’t the bears look like they are in the BEST HOT TUB EVER?!)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip (from Brown Eyed Baker)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
2. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar for 1 minute.
4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
7. Garnish with additional chips, if you choose.