Here’s a fast and healthy meal, and a great use for tilapia, an inexpensive fish you can find in the freezer section at the grocery store. I think nuts and fish are a great combo (like our favorite pecan crusted salmon).
Almond Crusted Tilapia (from Cooking Light)
- 1/4 cup whole natural almonds
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Place first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process 45 seconds or until finely ground. Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush mustard over both sides of fillets; dredge in crumb mixture. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Approximately 8 WW pts per serving