We have a grill ya’ll. A bonafide gas grill with three burners. One of the many priveledges of being a homeowner! So far we have made hamburgers and steak tacos. I foresee much more steak in our future now that we have a fabulous way to cook it! Tyler picked this recipe out and made it himself. Delicious! We did not actually make the salsa, I chose to make guacamole instead since I had the ingredients on hand and love guac!
Grilled Flank Steak Soft Tacos with Avocado-Lime Salsa (adapted from Cooking Light)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 8 corn tortilas
1. To prepare steak, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Rub chili powder mixture evenly over steak. Cover and chill 1 hour.
2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
3. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
4. To prepare salsa, combine avocado and next 7 ingredients (through pepper sauce) in a medium bowl.
5. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon steak mixture evenly over each of 8 tortillas. Top each taco with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cabbage.