Welcome to the new home of our food blog! We hope you find it easier to navigate and pleasing to the eye (and palate!)
It’s rare that I cook with cream of _(fill in the blank)__ soups, but I remembered making this recipe sometime last winter and was suddenly craving it. My favorite part are the biscuit “dumplings.” Mmm it is such an easy recipe and makes the whole house smell wonderful. Perfect on a cooler night when the seasons are beginning to change. It’s going to get down to 25 degrees tonight, unbelievable! We finally caved and turned on our heat so that we don’t wake up as little icicles in the morning. So if you are in the mood for a creamy and comforting chicken dish you might want to give this a try. Crock pots are a great tool for making easy and tasty meals.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings (original recipe from allrecipes.com)
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- Veggies of your choice (a bag of frozen mixed veggies would work well)
- Enough chicken broth to cover the chicken.
- Place the chicken, soup, and onion (and veggies if you so choose) in a slow cooker, and fill with enough chicken broth to cover.
- Cover, and cook for 8-9 hours on low. About 1 hour before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.