I love a good burger. My latest favorite burger place is Ted’s Montana Grill, I’m especially fond of their blue cheese burger. Tyler always gets a salad there, weird, but he claims it’s an amazing salad. We decided to recreate these burgers at home, it was quite simple and very tasty! To make this WW core friendly, use fat free blue cheese (or reduced fat and count the points, I think fat free cheese is terrible) and serve w/o a bun (obviously I did not follow my own advice!) And obviously count the points for the beer Blue Moon is my favorite!
Blue Cheese Burgers (original recipe from allrecipes.com)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 French rolls or hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture into 4 patties.
- Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on rolls.